Results 1 to 9 of 9

Thread: Great DVD (non- Social D)

  1. #1
    Inactive Member PainWillBeMyMotivation's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 18th, 2005
    Posts
    362
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I don't know if any of you are Bouncing Souls fans or if you've seen this, but fan or not I seriously recommend checking out <u>Do You Remember? Fifteen Years of The Bouncing Souls</u>(it's two discs and came out a few years ago). For fans there is all six of their videos, 50 live songs, hours of extras and the centerpiece- a 1 hr. 40 min. documentary with insane amounts of old footage.
    Even if you don't particularly enjoy their music, it's still a really good movie about a few friends being fortunate enough to make a living doing what they love and how they got to where they are.

  2. #2
    Inactive Member Agent5556's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 2nd, 2004
    Posts
    170
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Thanks added to my netflix queue!

  3. #3
    Inactive Member hour_of_darkness's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 19th, 2003
    Posts
    506
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I take a liking to the souls. I'll definitely have to check that out.

  4. #4
    Inactive Member Wedge0chez's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 22nd, 2004
    Posts
    159
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    The Bouncing Souls documentary is amazing! Seriously, one of the best rock&roll DVD's out there. I watch it at least once a month, it's the kind of film that makes you want to go out and accomplish something after you'ved watched it.

    It is a must for any collection. Of course, I'm biased cause their the hometown band, but none the less - check it out. You'll be happy you did.

  5. #5
    Inactive Member PainWillBeMyMotivation's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 18th, 2005
    Posts
    362
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Originally posted by Wedge0chez:
    ...I watch it at least once a month, it's the kind of film that makes you want to go out and accomplish something after you'ved watched it.
    <font size="2" face="verdana, arial">Yeah! I know just what you mean. I like too how it's done in such a way that once you're done watching it you feel like you've known these guys forever. Of course, I'm biased too. I'm not from Jersey but they are my second favorite band (in case my "avatar of the week" of my neck didn't tip you off).

  6. #6
    Inactive Member Wedge0chez's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 22nd, 2004
    Posts
    159
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Nice tattoo! When Brian first posted that art on the website (shortly after 9/11) I brought it to my tattooist friend and was like I need this - never did end up getting it though. But that is one of my favorite pieces I've seen from Brian. Did you see the Souls on this past tour?

    The live album they just put out is great too, one of the few live records where you feel like you're right there.

  7. #7
    Inactive Member PainWillBeMyMotivation's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 18th, 2005
    Posts
    362
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Originally posted by Wedge0chez:
    Did you see the Souls on this past tour?
    <font size="2" face="verdana, arial">We went to see them in DC this past September when they played at the Operation Ceasefire thing. I was getting smashed up on the barricade pretty much their whole set and Greg let me sing the "you can fight or you can run, hide under a rock 'til the war is won; play it safe and don't make a sound but not us we won't back down" of True Believers. Pretty much a moment I'll be telling the grandkids about one of these days.

  8. #8
    Inactive Member PainWillBeMyMotivation's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 18th, 2005
    Posts
    362
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Originally posted by Wedge0chez:
    The live album they just put out is great too, one of the few live records where you feel like you're right there.
    <font size="2" face="verdana, arial">I've been meaning to since it came out, but I finally ordered that the other day. If it's half as good as <u>Tie One On</u> it'll be great.
    Have you read <u>Bloodclots In The Mainstream</u>? If not, you'd enjoy it- it's tour journals from '97-'99 by Rob Santello.

  9. #9
    Inactive Member Agent5556's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 2nd, 2004
    Posts
    170
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I tried to get the doc from netflix, but right now there is a long wait. Everyone must have heard this thing is good, I never have to wait for movies on netflix.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •